Derby CAMRA Links
Please use the following web links:
Neighbouring CAMRA Branches to Derby CAMRA's Branch
Microbreweries located within Derby CAMRA's Branch area.
Derby Brewing Company
- Amber Ales aim to brew the finest beers and ales in the traditional way but with a modern edge. That means using only the finest ingredients sourced locally wherever possible, while keeping up with new ideas and leading the way in developing new styles. Think of it as 'classic beers with a twist'...
- Derby Brewing Company, established by Trevor Harris in 2004, are award winning brewers of hand crafted beers from the finest quality produce. The brew-house is always in full production and it's where taste comes first.
- Welcome to the home of Derventio Brewery Limited, a company formed in June 2005 by three railway engineers, all CAMRA members who enjoyed home brewing and wanted to take the next step up and brew on a larger scale.
The name of the company is taken from the name of the Roman fort built in Little Chester, Derby around AD52-57, Derventio Coritanorvm.
The actual name Derventio is Celtic in Origin from the words dyr "Oak Tree" and venta "market settlement" and literally means "The Market in the Oaks".....
- In spring 2003 The Falstaff Freehouse and Brewery were leased by Jim Hallows and his partner Steph Briggs. The brewery was re-vamped and after a long struggle with utility companies the power supply was re-connected.
The plant was tested and 'Phoenix' the first brew was produced on 12th December 2003. This was so well received by The Falstaff regulars that within a month the two previously best selling real ales were no longer on the bar. The rest is, as they say, history...
- Callow Top Bad Ram Brewery - Our Dr Samuel Johnson ale won a Gold Medal at the most prestigious UK Beer Festival at Peterborough in 2003. We now brew five real ales...
- Started brewing October 2007, brewing Derbyshire ales for Derbyshire drinkers.
Currently available from local pubs including The Hope and Anchor, Wirksworth.
External websites related to Derby CAMRA.
Derby Tourist Information
- The quality of beer in cask is better than it has ever been, but all too often that quality is less than satisfactory at the point of dispense. The Customer demands refreshing, consistent quality. That challenge must be met. That is why we have introduced the Cask Marque Scheme
- Derby holds great appeal to visitors in search of unspoilt tradition and character. Contact the Tourist Information for their excellent accommodation booking services and promotion of Derby City as an ideal city for a weekend beer break any time of the year.
- Derby hotels, B&Bs and holiday cottages in the South Peak District
Beer 4 Home
- BeerExpert.co.uk was formed in late 2005 to offer a unique reference point on buying, making and tasting great beer.
- An internet service offering cask conditioned ale to the general public, from some of Britain's premier craft brewers.
- Beer, brew pubs, micro breweries, homebrewing, and the beer industry.
- From little acorns, mighty oaks do grow. And for specialist wine, beer and spirits outfit Red Zebra, based in Derby’s Cathedral Quarter, the saying could not be more apt. Listed in CAMRA’s Good Bottled Beer Guide, Red Zebra is open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 6pm.
The Oxford Bottled Beer Database
- SIBA is the Society of Independant Brewers
The Real Ale Newsgroup
- A very comprehensive site listing bottled beers, tasting notes and user reviews
Ecclesbourne Valley Real Ale Guide
- On-line discussions (uk.food+drink.real-ale) concerning real ale.
- A real ale guide to pubs along the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway. A version adapted for use on smartphones is also available.